This Wednesday, June 18th is the National Day of Making and MCM Electronics is here to help you celebrate. How will you be celebrating the day?
On June 18, 2014 use #NationOfMakers to share your creations or ideas.
There are so many ways to get started. Here are a few ideas to get you thinking. On June 18, you can:
- Post photos of a current maker project you are working on or choose a new project to work on and ask a couple of friends or family members to build it with you. You can find some project ideas in the links below.
- Host an open house at your local makerspace or set up a hangout online to connect and share your inventions with Makers across the country.
- Volunteer to be a mentor for someone who is interested in learning a new skill or find a mentor who would be interested in teaching a new skill you’ve been wanting to learn for a while.
- Create a project of your own and then share the plans for your project online through Maker platforms so others can also make, modify, or remix your project.
- Organize a maker roundtable to identify and convene maker thought leaders in your community on expanding Making initiatives, programs, and activities in your neighborhood.
- If you’re an organization or company, encourage your employees to volunteer as an educator and/or mentor to host maker-oriented workshops or classes in your community.
- Follow the action online at www.whitehouse.gov/makerfaire
- Your idea here!
National Day of Making Project Ideas:
National Day of Making Products:
National Day of Making Information: