Digital to Analog (D/A) converters are required when televisions, DVD or BluRay players provide only digital audio output, but need to be connected to a conventional amplifier. While common D/A converters will do this when two-channel audio program material is provided, they do not decode the 5.1 audio. Instead, the user is required to change the output setting of the player (if possible) or risk being left with no sound.
At the low introductory price of $29.99, this converter solves that issue. In addition to decoding two channel stereo audio, this unit accepts 5.1 channel audio and down mixes it to two channels. Regardless of the source format, two channels of line level audio are created with no setting changes required by the user.
- Supports 32KHz, 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, and 96KHz sampling rates
- Automatically down-mixes up to six channels (5.1) to an analog stereo signal
- Switch-selectable between S/PDIF and TOSLINK input
- Unbalanced line-level output thru RCA connectors
- Required power: 5VDC (adapter included)
Additional details and ordering